Long Run (Treadmill Style)

Whilst the snowfall has stopped (for now), the snow which has fallen, has either turned to slush or it's compacted into ice. My walk to work yesterday was the thing that put paid to any allusions that I would be doing a long run outdoors. 

2 hours 20 minutes in those conditions would result in several trips to casualty. So, the only thing to be done was to get on the treadmill.

Thankfully the gym reopened this morning (thank you staff of David Lloyd Newhaven) and James and I reluctantly began the slog.

It was more of a mental challenge than a physical one. Treadmill running is SO DULL. However, with the help of a Torq gel and some Active Root drink, I got it done.

Thankfully I wasn't looking at going for a specific distance, as my treadmill said one thing, James' treadmill said another and my Garmin was in agreement with neither! But, 2 hours 20 minutes in the bag, 

Hopefully the rest of the snow will sod off for next week so I can get back to training properly. I am going home at the end of next week (because it's Mother's Day) so I'll be doing my long run there, which will be interesting!!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London Marathon 2018

Long Run - Loopa de loopa

Taper