A trip to the 'Shire

Almost 16 miles with far too many hills

Armed with a Mother's Day card and having ordered flowers in advance (I know, I'm as surprised as you), I made my way up home to Aberdeenshire for the weekend. 
I had my long run route all planned out in my head: 17miles along the coast and back with a little detour at the end. I knew that the course was hilly, but I figured that it was about time I started really focusing on endurance. I also needed to start taking on water whilst running, so I ordered a water belt - not really a fan of having to hold stuff whilst running round.
So far, so good. 
Unfortunately, we had some pretty shitty, albeit not unexpected, news yesterday, which meant I didn’t sleep the previous night. The morning of the run, I hated everything. 
To top it all off, my water belt hadn't arrived so I had to run with a water bottle. 
None of these things are the best of set ups for a long run, especially one over a new route.
Turns out that the course I had mapped was really difficult. I had to walk in places (see previous comments on hills) BUT I didn’t stop until I had to stretch my calves off at mile 13 and then I started back again.
The result was just shy of 16 Miles in 2 hrs 41. I’m genuinely proud of this achievement because I could have so very easily just stayed in bed (forever).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London Marathon 2018

Long Run - Loopa de loopa

Taper